View Single Post
Old 12-30-11, 02:32 PM
raydog

Bikes: Pinarello, Cannondale Team Scalpel, Raleigh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I called my agent (State Farm in Nevada) and was told that it's not about "riders" if my bike is stolen anywhere in the US, my homeowners would cover it as "personal property". Also, it would help if you went to where you bought it and had them write a little statement as to it's retail value, including aftermarket....another reason to do business and have a relationship with your LBS! (considerably more difficult to get documentation of value from a mail order company). If it's damaged/totalled in an accident and the accident is not your fault, it would also be covered. All in all it was an "assuring" call for me! BTW, my agent said to his knowledge, this is consistant throughout the country with State Farm. If you're not State Farm, make a call to your carrier, it's nice to "preload" these issues with your agent. You can even submit a photo to ins. prior to any incident, I did that with my heavily aftermarketed motorcycle.
As a renter, I guess that would be a different situation, actually, maybe it's the same, a renter's policy does have a personal property component, that's the main reason for the policy!

Last edited by raydog; 12-30-11 at 02:36 PM.