View Single Post
Old 12-31-11, 06:28 PM
dbphotos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Klein Team Super

I picked up a vintage (1981) custom built Klein Team Super bike. I have the original build sheet and a post card from Gary Klein's office giving some brief information on the bike. According to the post card, this was one of Gary Klein's first frames he built for sale and was either in 1981 or earlier.

I have uploaded several photos on my flickr account for details. Many of the parts are as listed on the original builder's checklist, but several have been replaced, probably in the 1990's, i.e. front hub, wheels, seat, etc.

The bike is extremely light by 1980's standards and is not painted, but polished Aluminum Magnesium alloy. Apparently the frame has Boron fiber reinforcements as well. I have lots of original paperwork that came with the bike, including period advertising, original catalog and brochure.

I cannot find any information on this exact frame on the internet and am wondering if any bike aficionados might have more information on this. From what I can gather it is extremely rare.

I purchased it as a beautiful piece of art to hang, but am curious about more details.

Check out all the images here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dbphoto...7628656324301/

And, here are a couple of photos: