Old 01-03-12, 05:29 AM
Senior Member
skinnyguy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by birdadam View Post
Hey all,

I only started riding road about a year ago, but I am 20 years old, and am riding with one of the faster group rides in Toronto (Donut Ride). I want to try out a few races this coming season (2012).

I've read a bunch of the posts on the forums about starting to race, but a lot of the specific info seems to be for the US. I'm a little confused about the process in Canada. Do I need to get a license with the UCI or the CCA? How exactly do I do this?

Also, any ideas for races to start out with in the Toronto area? I don't really care what distance they are.

Thanks for any advice,


You will need an OCA/UCI license. Ontariocycling.org will be putting up the online registration soon. The race schedule comes out a little later. You will start w/ a cat 4 license as there is not cat 5 in ontario. Midweek cycling runs races every thursday or some thing like that. That will help you get your feet wet. www.midweekclub.ca/
skinnyguy is offline