Old 01-04-12, 02:27 PM
samburger
Redheaded Stepchild

Bikes: A fat tire & a skinny tire & two others I loaned out

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That went much better than my last issue with an ebay seller. Xbox 360 console listed as "refurbished", got it in the mail & the face plate was missing, the optical drive motor was broken, & when you did get a disc in, it would only read maybe one in every ten attempts, & only if you bang on the right hand corner while it scans the disc.

The guy said it worked just fine, you just "have to lightly tap the corner after you pry open the disc drive, then it works just fine".

Paypal took my side & I had my money back in a day. This was from someone with 100% positive feedback, similar to your seller with neutral feedback claiming items weren't as described. Now I pay closer attention, not just to the seller & their feedback, but any cues in their listing that might hint as to what kind of person I'm buying from. Do they sell mostly one type of product, or do they sell anything they can get their hands on? Do they speak clear English in their description? Do they pay any attention to detail, or is the description a few short sentences thrown together with a generic cell phone picture of the item?

I want to buy from someone who is willing to work for my business, & chooses to do so before I even ask (by taking time to make a clear & detailed ad for each item), rather than some pawn shop/junkyard owner listing items that are too hard to sell locally.