View Single Post
Old 07-16-05, 12:47 AM
jitteringjr

Bikes: 2018 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 2016 Bombtrack Arise Campy build cross bike 2005 Fuji Outland Pro

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pharmboyrx

So now I have to wait another week for a Large to come in their order. The guy tried to pitch the OCR1. I told him that if he wanted me to buy the OCR1 he would have to come down substantially off the 1000 he wanted. But he wouldn't budge on the price.
Originally Posted by nomo4me
Eh, that sounds like just so much sour grapes. Every shop has to hire new people and they will occasionally make mistakes.
The shop showed it's integrity by taking steps at extra expense to themselves to make sure you are happy with the purchase long term.

A "good customer" wouldn't desire to penalize them out of every drop of profit for punitive reasons.
MSRP on a OCR1 is $1000. They can substantially come off that price and not "penalize them out of every drop of profit." I agree they should have offered at least a 5-10% discount on the available OCR1.

Originally Posted by pharmboyrx
I might have walked off the deal but since they have to special order the bike, they had me put down a deposit of 400 which is nonrefundable.
I am no lawyer, but didn't they break a verbal contract when they tried to sell you the wrong sized frame the first time? I would think that any shop would refund the money if the consumer insisted in a case like this - at least a decent shop would.