Thread: Barr Mitts
View Single Post
Old 01-10-12, 04:30 PM
JiveTurkey
Low car diet

Bikes: 2006 Windsor Dover w/105, 2007 GT Avalanche w/XT, 1995 Trek 820 setup for touring, 201? Yeah single-speed folder, 199? Huffy tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got the flat-bar version for my wife's commuter this past Festivus. They look goofy but she likes them. They keep her hands warm while she uses relatively thin gloves that allow her to use the shifters/brakes normally. It doesn't get that cold here, but she gets cold hands and they keep her hands toasty. They're easy to get in and out of for signaling. The rain hasn't had any affect.

The big drawback we found is that they're not compatible with her handlebar mounted Mirrycle mirror. I cut the seam to allow the mirror to stick out. Also, there's a small strap inside that's supposed to go around the end of the handlebar grip (they're lock-on with a flat portion for the palm). The strap isn't very long and didn't fit around her grips. I slid her grips in the same width as the strap so that that it went around the bar. Come spring or so, I'll slide the grips back to the edge.

Last edited by JiveTurkey; 01-10-12 at 04:33 PM. Reason: ...