Old 07-16-05, 09:57 PM
Marge
scofflaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Friday July 15th my husband was a victim of a hit and run accident on Vashon Way SW. We were approximately 1.5 miles from the Vashon Ferry terminal at about 9:15am As we were pedaling up the hill a hugh dump/gravel truck with a trailer (bright purple) passed my husband, the truck was too far over on the shoulder, and the trailer took my husband out. My husband was down and bleeding on the road when a jerk of a motorist, sped towards him honking his horn! Nice! I thought people on the Island were supposedly more civil then people from the city. Thankfully my husband is still with me, with a broken right hand, a bent rear wheel that needed to be trued and a busted seatpost.
The worst part came when we attempted to report the accident. We had already left Vashon Island
and were in Seattle. We sadly discovered in order to get the King County Police to take an accident
report, you'd have to be in King County. (not Seattle) So today we drove to King County to file a report.
The King County Sheriff shows up and basically found 19 new ways not to take an accident report.
I won't go into all the gory details, but I was reminded once again that cyclists are lower then dog turds!
My husband asked, at one point, if he were a dead body, would they, KIng County Sheriff's department
investigate? We received no response to the affirmative.