View Single Post
Old 11-07-02, 11:39 AM
Nephilim

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was in a different position I guess when I got married. I grew up in Southern Idaho, and therefore was a very outdoors oriented person. When I moved to Ohio I moved into the center of a large metropolis and being in college and working full time (and not knowing anyone here), I became less "country."

However, my wife knew of my love for the outdoors when we got married, even if she is a "city girl." She may not understand but she lets me have my time in the sun when I want to take off and wander around. Unfortunately, there is not that much near where I now live compared to what I grew up with. When we go back to visit my folks tho, I disappear into the mountains for a few days with a big smile on my face.

She is getting more in tune w/ my love for things outside, even tho I don't get to do that much (why I want to get back into biking so much). She is more then willing to ride with me and such, even if she does think that camping means having a camp trailer and I tend to think that a tent is too much weight to carry.