View Single Post
Old 01-14-12, 10:23 AM
MTBJason

Bikes: Davinci MTB and Giant Advanced Defy 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greenstreet is definitely the place for commuters due to their knowledgeable staff and downtown location. Either Trek location is pretty good. The owner, Kent McNeill, is one of the best advocates of cycling in the area. The Bike Rack has a large selection, but is seems like I don't get the personal attention that I get at other area shops. I lived in Council Bluffs for 5 years and really enjoyed going there. They just moved to a new location in downtown Council Bluffs.

My personal vote would have to be Bike Masters. Like mentioned above they have a lot of great weekly rides, winter indoor cycling, and events. Great staff and service. If they don't have what you are looking for, they will do what it takes to get it for you.

Hopefully you have been commuting since your move and noticed some of the strides Omaha has taken in improving its cycling infrastructure. If you have an interest, I would recommend getting involved with the local organizations that are trying to help with these improvements such as Omaha Bikes http://bikeomaha.blogspot.com/. There is a lot of great info on the website and you can be involved as little or as much as you'd like.

Welcome to the area and good luck!