xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Thanks

Originally Posted by Scooby214
For $65, this bike is a steal. My first real bike purchase was a Sierra GS. Mine looks a bit different, due to being an XL frame. I outgrew the upright posture, suspension seatpost and fork, low gearing, etc. I still have the bike, though I've changed many things on it since purchase. I like it better now that it has a rigid CroMo fork, faster gearing, better shifters, new stem and bars, rigid seatpost, faster tires...

I hope you get the idea. The Sierra GS is similar to the Sedona. My wife has the Sedona. Her bike came with slightly better components. The Sedona suits her casual riding style nicely, though I anticipate that even she will become ready for a more performance oriented bike in the near future. If you start wishing to do longer rides, you may find the low-end suspension fork found on the aluminum frame Sedona or the Cypress will suck away some of your pedaling force when pushing yourself. Riding posture is a matter of preference, but many find that the bolt upright posture of the bikes mentioned above rob you of efficiency when riding at higher speeds, especially in windy conditions.

Getting either the Sedona ST or the Cypress ST will solve the fork issues, but they are still set up for an upright posture. Be sure to try out bikes with different postures before purchasing the Sedona or the Cypress.
I could not believe the price myself, also came with bill of sale from LBS and was made out to the seller. I really am enjoying the comfort style ride it gives.