View Single Post
Old 01-20-12, 01:11 PM
  #7  
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com
 
Rick@OCRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles area
Posts: 6,186

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmX View Post
This is why I spend 80% of my time on the SART, especially during busy work days. If I didn't have kids things would be different.
Well, I do have kids, in fact I have grandkids, but I still spend 98% of my cycling time on open roads, streets, etc. The other 2% are on the SGRT and Coyote Creek MUP's.

With all the crazy things humans do, I'm not so sure the MUP's are any safer than the roads, streets, etc. That said, you have be on a constant look-out and a high state of awareness (pretty much) all the time out there.

Maybe the cager sees you, maybe he/she doesn't, but they can kill you either way.

Be carefull out there!

Rick / OCRR
Rick@OCRR is offline