View Single Post
Old 01-22-12, 04:58 PM
Youaintgotjack

Bikes: Yuba Mundo (sold), Yuba Boda Boda (sold), now I ride a batavus Personal Delivery Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcap
The peanut shell has worked great for my family. My son rides behind me on the soft spot cushion and holds on to the stoker bars and my daughter is in the peanut shell behind him. That is when I have the bike set up for both children.

I have seen pictures with the peanut shell being used directly behind the rider with the go getters still on the bike, but I can't see how you can leave them on with the peanut shell further back on the deck. Consequently, I find myself taking them and/or the peanut shell off once or twice a week about 9 months out of the year (the timeframe that the kids are on the back for the longer rides in which the peanut shell is the most valuable) to maximize the versatility of the yuba. With practice, you can get the peanut shell on or off in about 10 minutes, but it is still kind of a pain.

hmm this creates some issues for me, i have the two bags and wanted to place a seat further back on the bike so I can swing my leg over rather than try to hop over the bar- im short do you know of any other seats i can use?