audiophile
audiophile

Bikes: Specialized CrossRoads Sport w/Hemisphere 700x38c FlakJacket Tires

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank You for this Forum!

I am so glad I found this forum! I was an avid biker until my home of Maui became less conducive to biking than I needed. I am a disabled/retired Paramedic that is leaving Hawaii for someplace "pseudo-rural", with good bike paths.
I'd like a couple acres around me so I can listen to music and movies without disturbing my neighbors or hearing them brush their teeth, and fishing would be nice to incorporate into my biking, if possible. Hiking and walking don't work with my spinal injury. Biking is it!
I am currently (once again) at the beginner level, cardiovascular-wise, being 5'7" and now over 200lbs! I'd never have imagined this myself! I have a Specialized hybrid bike and am seeking info from this forum's experience regarding a good town to live in (a little outside of) for biking purposes as well as some other issues, like open spaces, decent healthcare, reasonable cost of living and hopefully fishing.
If anyone out there has the time to spend on this newbie, I'd appreciate your experiences and recommendations. It's a BIG country, and I'd like some qualified help in narrowing my path! Thank you all so much for your consideration.
Audiophile