audiophile
audiophile

Bikes: Specialized CrossRoads Sport w/Hemisphere 700x38c FlakJacket Tires

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RaleighSport-
Thanks for your input-and almost instantly, too. I have a feeling this forum is really going to help with my next chapter in life. BTW, my 1st (chosen & bought) bike at 14 or 15y/o was a used Raleigh Super Course. Not one of my peers could touch me-and it was the BIKE, not MY "innate talent"! ha! That was truly a bike to be reckoned with and has left me with fond memories all my life.
I'm currently visiting in Walnut Creek, CA-and while I have found a lot of paths, it is very crowded around here and people so far don't seem very friendly...maybe I'm just in temporary culture shock. Is it unusual for bikers & hikers to acknowledge each other as they encounter each other here? It seems the preference is to ignore all oncoming people. Is there a lot of fear here? It doesn't appear to be that they are intently focused, as this phenomenon? seems to be across the board, from the casual to the expert. The housing prices are high, too-BUT, I have just arrived, so final determination is still quite a way off. I need to trade down in housing. The BayArea is lateral if not more, it appears. I have to go back to Maui soon and arrange for the sale of my home. Please don't take my initial observations as being negative; I'm obviously in culture shock and feeling like a man without a country! That will improve with pro-active seek, find & learn experiences.
Thanks again & happy trails!