View Single Post
Old 01-23-12, 02:04 PM
bikenh

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Well, hit both the big 1000 miles and the even bigger 1100 miles yesterday on a 117 mile ride. I guess I have the 1000 miles in for January this year. It was the second in as many 100 milers that I have started out with temps below zero F only to see them warm up into the lower 20s. Boy I never thought I would see myself doing any kind of serious riding when the temps were below zero but ever of the three days that I've had the opportunity over the past 8 days I have ridden at least 50 miles. The coldest day thus far this winter was the 50 miler with the next morning even colder and I managed 104 miles.

Now to go and play in the freezing rain. Hold did I say that. It was freezing rain when I rode into the libraray this morning and I hear it is icing up outside even though the temps were suppose to be rising this afternoon.

I may have to try a double metric before the end of the month the forecast looks much more favorable the rest of the month for actually being able to put in some decent speed on rides. Heck 45 for a high tomorrow. Gotta build some mileage to keep the 60 day pace at over 50 miles a day and to see if I can get my 6th consecutive month of over 1500 miles for the month.