View Single Post
Old 01-23-12, 09:28 PM
neo_pop_71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Lenton58
By nature I am nocturnal. Your pics of night riding strike me exactly where I live! Don't get me wrong; I still love sunshine, but I wake up at 10:00 P.M.

You Pacific Northwest guys are making me homesick ... SIGH! You say Snohomish ... too near Vancouver for this ex-pat!
Right on Lenton58! I feel 'ya... the Snohomish Pass is an amazing place! Everyone should experience that part of the northwest at least once in their lives! My sister and her husband still live in Sammamish and my nephew attends the university in Bellingham. She sent me pics last weekend of their first big snow, just a bit more than a dusting... what did they call it... Snowmageddon? Here is a link to the MSN blog she sent:

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...-seattleor-not

I actually very much enjoyed seeing your post about riding in the middle of the night and "owning the road" as I have insomnia from time to time. I too am a night person, the best job in the world was running a coffee house that stayed open late into the night! All the "joe" I could drink and paid plus tips under the table. It was perfect! Plus, it was a 5 minute bike ride from my home and art studio, it didn't get any better! I love the streets in the quiet of the early am hours! I can relate to you on that level and I too share the love of the quiet, empty road!

Cheers!

-D-

p.s. Sendai? Christ, is there anything left of the place?