Old 01-25-12, 06:23 AM
substructure
RustyTainte

Bikes: zilch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Listen, I don't ever do this type of thing. I tell my children to respect their teachers and don't get on this, "She's-Treating-Me-Unfairly" crap. I usually tell them to tough it out and adapt. So far it's been a battle with some teachers but they've always came out shining in the end. Both my girls are excelling in school with awesome grades.

But here's the thing; My youngest, who actually loves math, brought home a test with several answers marked wrong because her work was not the way the teacher would solve the problem. It's algebra and I showed her several ways to do it and she found a way that works best for her. Unfortunately, it wasn't the way the teacher works out the problem so she marked them wrong.

Even on the test it says, "Show your work." Ok, she showed her work. The problem was solved, the answer was correct, yet it was marked incorrect. There were 4 problems marked like this. She only got one problem actually wrong on the whole test.

So ... should I confront the teacher? Should I let it go and tell my daughter to do it the teacher's way? Or what?