View Single Post
Old 07-18-05, 07:20 PM
AMERinMTL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expatriate
Can you get hold of a heart rate monitor? You can get one cheap on ebay. If you're serious about fitness, they're an excellent tool.

I actually had one, it fell to it's doom off my arm when i was riding about a week ago, i gotta get another. . . Is there a way to tell how many calories you are burning by heart rate??? It makes sense that there would be.

I was out on a mountain bike for a good 4 hours today and sure enough, i didn't feel ANYWHERE NEAR as exhausted as i do when i'm done bmxing. What I've noticed is while bmxing hard for a good 4 hours as apposed to mountain biking for the same time is that when i get off a mountain bike just my legs are tired maybe my lower back a little, thats about it. When I get off my BMX on the other hand my upper back, shoulders, arms, forearms, legs and even abs all ache much much more. I think it's a combination of the lack of gears and the constant "sprinting" using your arms to pull the handle bars etc. just my thoughts. Feels more like when i used to ride my old fixed gear before it got robbed RIP