Old 01-27-12, 09:52 AM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
I don't know anything about the GoPro, but I have been thinking of getting one to record some of the Saturday and Sunday club rides that I do and give copies to the riders that were there. Two questions about the video are: 1) What is the format of the saved video in a GoPro (file extension), 2) Is there video editing software that comes with the camera or can you use Microsoft's Movie Maker?
I have the GoPro Hero 2. It saves the videos as .MP4 files and they are HUGE! GoPro has downloadable software on their website, but I have been using Movie Maker to make smaller .wmv files for uploading to YouTube etc.

I am really enjoying the camera and I'm amazed at the image quality, especially of the original files. I watch them on the 50" plasma set and it is great. I am at the very early stages of learning what makes for an enjoyable video and how to process it.

I think it would be hard to make out license plates on passing cars. Maybe using the time lapse mode taking .jpg images every few seconds would work for that.