Old 01-30-12, 10:00 AM
baiskeli
unaangalia nini?

Bikes: Jamis Quest (Ultegra components,Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels and Reynods Ouzo Pro Fork), Gary Fisher Tassajara

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lighting overkill? (2 miNewt 600s on handle bars and a 250/350 lumen on helmet).

Since out winter seems to have been non-existent so far, I've begun considering beginning commuting to work early this year. Normally I don't do this because I hate riding to work or home in the dark.

I've ordered 2 NiteRider MiNewt 600's cordless. My planned setup is both of them on my road bike handlebars and a corded miNewt 250 or 350 (older one, I can't remember the exact lumens) on my helmet. Is this overkill (if overkill, I can run the 600s at 400 lumens or even have one 600 on bars and one on helmet). I also have a really bright planet bike rear tail light and spoke lights.

My commute is about 8 miles each way (Arlington into Boston). I also want to be able to ride early in the morning on or late in the evenings some days (so I'll either be riding in darkness in the morning or evening).

Thoughts? I want to be visible, I want to see the road, but I don't want to blind and/or irritate drivers, pedestrians and other cyclists.