Old 01-31-12, 08:52 AM
redeyedtreefr0g
Mrs. Hop-along

Bikes: Ladies Schwinn Super Sport and Gateway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think the disc part is what was screwed up, eaten away bad and there is a tiny leak somewhere. But hubby is the mechanic. He needs more money for a part. No point in putting the new pads on that side to let them get chewed up.

My bike tires took a couple hours, but I wasn't rushing or using anything but a screwdriver. Used Lath screws based on a reccommendation from the cashier at Home Depot who did his mountain bike. Trimmed them with bolt cutter.

I'll ride it to work this morning and see how it does!

EDIT:
I rode to work just fine. The vibration is slight, noticeable mostly at slow speeds. There is some noise too, but that becomes normal after just a little while too, like how I don't freak out anymore when a car with studded tires goes past (that first time was scary- what the hell is that noise?!).

I was getting ready to ride home after I was just talking about the studs too. So I know my tire was aired before I walked out with the bike. But I paused at the driveway of the bus shop to answer my husband calling me, we chatted for a minute or two as he made sure I remembered that I was going to bring him a leftover burrito at school today. I hung up and went to pedal into the street and my front tire was flatter than a pancake.

Wheeled it back in, found a leak, patched it, put it back together, PSSSSHHHH when trying to air it again. Took it back apart, found three more leaks (good thing I just cut up that big patch to make a bunch of little ones!). Tried to find any more before I put it all back together. Aired it up, seemed good. Rode off! Made it down the road and around the first corner, which is about a mile or 1/3 the way home. Flat tire. I texted my husband in class to let him know I wouldn't make it and started walking.

I need more than one layer of duct tape to protect the tube, it seems. Now I have a junk tube that I can use as the Home Depot cashier suggested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_3314.jpg (98.9 KB, 54 views)
IMG_3312.jpg (98.2 KB, 55 views)
IMG_3305.jpg (98.7 KB, 42 views)
IMG_3307.jpg (99.0 KB, 51 views)
IMG_3306.jpg (98.2 KB, 49 views)