View Single Post
Old 01-31-12, 09:54 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1440 Post(s)
Liked 708 Times in 362 Posts
Originally Posted by Forza
I'm replying from heresy, but it's my understanding that Zipp rarely warranties anything, I would be really surprised if they have a decent crash replacement program. If you go out to their site they have a bunch of CYA lingo...
Not my experience. I have a set of Zipp 303's that they have been quite generous with. Bought them in 2003. The303 rims of that era were known to have issues with cracking. around the eyelets.

They gave me new rims under warranty after a couple of years. When the replacement failed 5 years later they didn't warranty the rims, but they gave me new rims for $400 under their crash replacement policy, and gave me new hubs under warranty due to the finish corroding on the original hubs.

So in 2003, I started with 38mm, dimpleless clincher 303's for $1500. Now for that $1500 plus $400, I have updated, dimpled, 44mm tubular 303's with new hubs.

9 years of use, for just an additional $400, I have new updated wheels.

Zipp has been more than reasonable with me.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.