Old 02-02-12, 12:16 AM
mapleleafs-13 

Bikes: Pinarello Veneto, Pinarello Montello, Bianchi Celeste

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i could NEVER lock my bikes up anywhere. Bike theft is bad in some parts of Toronto.

When i used to go to college i would just drag it into class and put it at the back, no one ever said anything. I'd walk through the hallways and up the stairs and whatnot. No one ever says anything to me. I got some interesting looks here and there, i mean a bright celeste bianchi definitely attracts some attention here and there for sure.

If i went to class and locked up my bike outside then i would never be able to learn or focus in class. The whole time i'd be worried if my bike would be still in the same spot when i finished class.

If you lock that eddy merckx up anywhere then i'd have to say you're just plain nuts.

also bike posts that you lock your bikes up to scratch the paint on your frame and whatnot, so that's also a definite no to locking up a bike.

i drag my bike into mcdonalds and drugstores when i need to go in to buy a drink or eat or so on. If they don't let me bring it in then i just take my money somewhere else, it's pretty rare that i get kicked out for bringing my bike in. as long as you place i somewhere out of the way so it doesn't block people from getting around then you'll be fine.

Where ever i go, the bike goes