Old 02-02-12, 08:59 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 226 Posts
I don't know if I would use Google bike mapping to plan the route. I find it's better to use Google street view to pick roads and plan the path myself. One problem I see with your west to east portion is Weewahootee Rd leg maybe unpaved (I've found if there isn't a Google street view of the road then most of the time it has turned out to be unpaved) . The other problem is the North to South route on S. Tropical Trail. I’ve ridden there on several vacations and at that time the road was two lanes with heavy traffic. I got buzzed and tailgated constantly. It was not a relaxing or pleasant experience. However, south of 404 it is nice. The traffic dropped off considerably. I’ve taken the Merritt Is./Cocoa Beach Causeway to cross over to the beaches. It has an okay outside lane and I think there is a bike path on part of it. Then I would use A1A to travel North to South. It has a decent outside lane on most of it. You just have to keep a look out for left and right turn cars. I’ve only vacationed there. One of the locals may have better ideas.