View Single Post
Old 07-19-05, 03:28 PM
AMERinMTL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Locking up your BMX.

Well i just learned at this moment that my buddies fully built from ground up custom FBM bmx got robbed. he's out a good 1000 or more in parts. So it makes me wonder how safe am I, or you for that matter. . .

I live in Montreal, Canada, i'm honestly not sure of our statistics on bike theft, though i'm looking now. This guy had his bike locked with a u-lock, not sure which brand IN ADDITION TO a large chain and a master lock.

I personally use an onguard bull dog (http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...ory_rn=4500826)

When I lock my bike i lock my rear rim as well as my kmc 415h chain to a parking meter with as little room as possible in there for someone to put something to pry (sp) at it with. In fact if you where to put a crowbar in there you can't really get decent leverage cause you would be putting it against the rear tire or spokes so you would screw the bike up but not get it, i think. . .

So what can you guys tell me about securing a bike, how do you do it? Any tips or pointers, unfourtantly as i read on the internet and have heard around bike theft is just a horrible epeidemic and we all need to work against it! Thanks