View Single Post
Old 02-03-12, 02:08 PM
tony2v

Bikes: 1975 Albert Eisentraut, 1986 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman, 1992 Bill Davidson, 2006 Moots Compact, 2007 KHS Solo-One, 2010 Van Dessel Drag Strip Courage, 2013 Alchemy Xanthus, 2016 Breadwinner Lolo, 2018 Moots VaMoots RSL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigAura View Post
Yoga is good for everyone who listens to their instructor when they are taught to "listen to your body". It's called practice for a reason. Everyone is at a different point. Learning to breathe and focus your mind are key elements. Yoga is about being present.

Obviously overly large classes with questionable instructors is dangerous when combined with hyper-competitive neophytes. Like many physical activities people bring a weekend warrior mentality. This is the antithesis of what yoga is about.
My teachers also remind us to modify if the pose is too hard. I been practicing yoga for seven years, I go to Vinyasa class twice a week and have a weekly private Pilates session.
The key to my practice is to listen to my body, but I do push to a point of discomfort, but never to pain.