Old 02-04-12, 08:07 PM
Lindaosm

Bikes: Trek 7100 WSD & Trek Skye SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jhturek
Here is a review of a smallish trail just north of Crystal River. It is only about 11 miles out and back but very pretty. http://neccfl.com/wordpress/2012/02/...ounty-florida/

Enjoy!

Happy Trails ~ John
this is one of our favorite trails! Not long but very scenic. Also, if you have a mb you can take a trail that heads east (just past the restrooms at the trailhead) and there is a nice loop around a huge man-made lake. I thought I had a picture but can't find it. It's really a pretty neat trail as the east side climbs a very high hill that overlooks the lake.
Also, another great one west of the Bay Trail is the Inglis Island Trail. Great trail that goes around the island. map below. We've been many times. Some sandy areas to the south but not real long. It runs next to the locks.

here's a picture of part of the trail.

oops..hit enter before I finished. Hubby says the one just east of Felburn park is a birding trail but....it doesn't say you can't bike. Also, the lake is a man made rock pit that was apparently created when the Cross Fl Barge Canal was being made. Now I'm determined to find that picture.

Also, great review of the Bay Trail! Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Inglis map.jpg (88.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg
Inglis1.jpg (43.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Lindaosm; 02-04-12 at 08:13 PM. Reason: forgot something