View Single Post
Old 02-05-12, 07:26 AM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by JimF22003
I had a crash coming down a very steep, very windy road three years ago. I just slightly drifted off the right side of the road. Luckily it was on the "up" side of the road, or else I would have been flying down into a steep ravine.

I'm not sure, but I think I was paying too much attention to my GPS device. I just HAD to know how fast I was going and how steep the grade was.

There's a time and a place for everything, and bombing down a steep mountainside is not it
That's a great thing about keeping a track log, so you can not only view your maximum speed but also work out average speeds over a section of your own choosing.

I remember how thrilled I was when I realised I'd covered a mile in under two minutes. Never mind the fact the mile I selected started with a nice downhill runup. I might even have maintained the speed for longer had it not been for a red traffic light in the way.