View Single Post
Old 02-05-12, 05:03 PM
Larry Linder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please read and respond!!!

Hello, my name is Margie and I am posting for my husband. He has ridden the Santa Ana bike trail from Anaheim to Newport on a weekly basis for the last 3 years. Last Thursday evening, Feb 2, 2010, he was attacked by 3 gang bangers on the trail. They hid in the bushes and ambushed him. The first 2 tried to push him down unsuccessfully and the third one waited 50 feet ahead of the other two and swung a mountain bike against him in an attempt to knock him off his bike. Fortunately he was able to get away with only some cuts and bruises. After he got away, he stopped to call 911. The 3 men were apprehended but because it was so dark, he was unable to identify either of them. It was no doubt one of the scariest moments of his life. I am posting to communicate to others that there are some parts of the trail that are inhabited by gang members. This is probably not news to some riders. But if this post saves a life then it is worth the effort. I also am posting to find other riders who might want to ride on this trail with my husband. I have created this post for him at his request since he is busy working at the moment. He will be the one following the thread. I sincerely hope that anyone interested will respond. Thank you and let's all take care of each other on these bike trails.