Old 02-06-12, 02:01 AM
rat fink
Iconoclast

Bikes: Colnago Super, Fuji Opus III, Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Sirrus (road)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great work Keith. I'm glad to read of your goal to be more of a rider. It's easy, (especially with the relatively inexpensive C&V bikes), to forget that riding and wrenching are two (complimentary, but) separate hobbies. For someone who greatly enjoys riding, the wrenching part can subtly edge out the all important riding part, and that the rider just wont be as happy.

It's like how my favorite hobby used to be sport driving, with a distant secondary hobby of collecting and modifying autos. Well, I kept finding new deals all the time and pretty soon, when I needed new tires, a tank of gas, or to pay registration, I always came up short and went without a car for a while. That pretty disappointing for a guy who could get almost endless enjoyment from just being out on the road in a car with warmed over V8 rear wheel drive car with a 5 speed, good rubber and a well tuned chassis.

FWIW, I find I don't check Craigslist as often on days when I've ridden my bike.

Anyway, enjoy the bike.