BeastRider
Beast Rider

Bikes: Trek Transport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rawhite1969 View Post
population of SB is about 100k. I've lived in multiple towns that size, and know police in towns that size - they know the repeat offenders.

No second guessing the police here - he was on a public road doing wrong, thus I have no issue with him being stopped. I don't assume any privacy beyond being in my home, so my position is that if you are in public, doing wrong, you are subject to the repercussions of your actions.

Indiana code requires a light on the front and a light or reflector on the rear, which would logically extend to the trailer (which had reflector), but reflector also has to be visible from a specified distance. Combine that with the overloaded trailer (could be pulled over for safety concerns) and looks like plenty of opportunity for probable cause..

small and mid-size cities most definitely know the who's who in their communities. I certainly have no problem being stopped and I would expect that police would do their best to keep repeat offenders off the streets.

If you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to be concerned about. I am sure that, even in smaller communities, the police can find a reason to stop you. No one can drive a car or other vehicle without breaking some obscure law that they might not even be aware of.