Old 02-06-12, 06:14 PM
kevmk81

Bikes: Trek 1500, Cannondale CAAD10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hueyhoolihan View Post
modern shimano ultraglide cassette cogs can be reversed on shimano uniglide cassette freehubs, i think. of course, shimano uniglide freehubs were discontinued more than two decades ago, but they are still out there, maybe on shelves, but out there.

i want to know more details about the type of cassette the OP has on there and the reason for fooling with it, not that i doubt his or her judgement.
The cassette is a standard run of the mill 9 speed Shimano Ultegra, or maybe 105, I dunno, forgot. I took it off of my old wheel, installed on new wheel, which is why I reason I was messing with it in the first place. That being said, I wonder if it has something to do with possibly my rear derailleur needing adjusted to the new rear wheel? I've never replaced a rear wheel before... I'll be working on the bike tonight sometime when/if I get a chance. The ride home, I realized it's bad in gears 5 through 8, not sure about 9 because I didn't get a good chance to use it, pretty tight cassette, 11-23.