Old 02-07-12, 08:15 AM
Cyclebum

Bikes: Tour Easy, Linear USS, Lightening Thunderbolt, custom DF, Raleigh hybrid, Felt time trial

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Baboo
I don't know about Nevada and Ca. I have used a BF suitcase and trailer from Kansas City to Natchez Ms on a Greyhound, no problem except for the attitude that the customer is a moron and the driver is God, ( I would not even attempt a boxed bike with these jerks), however the customer is responsible for moving their luggage from bus to bus at transfer points. I have used Amtrak to go from Kansas City to Jackson Fl this was a much nicer experience and they take care of transfers, however not to many stations have baggage handling, so your debarkation points are quite limited.

Allen
Exactly. At a couple of transfer points on my ride on Greyhound, Green Bay to Texarkana, the bike was transferred. At another, I was told that I would have to move it. As I had paid freight charges, I refused and failed to bribe the baggage handler. That's where we got seperated. The bike arrived a day later than me. I had no problems at all on Jefferson Lines heading west to Rapid City.

I was told by a Greyhound employee that the company had been bought by some European outfit and that morale had plummeted. That for sure was quite evident.