Old 02-07-12, 04:07 PM
ftwelder

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Savagewolf
If you are going to quote me, feel free to. Don't pick and select certain parts of my post while leaving other relevant pieces out.

"You just have to work through years of perfecting your skills, acquiring equipment, and building up a need for your bikes. I'd expect many years of your budget being in red before turning a profit."

Remember that part?

I'll also stick to my statement that good framebuilders are very much in demand, and not counting only Vanilla and a few others. As someone like myself who has been looking for a custom built bike, I've found quite a few builders that I was interested in (not because of their name) and almost everyone was quite busy. Perhaps it is different where you live, but in the Pacific Northwest, particularly Oregon, there is a high demand for quality custom frames. I know because I've done my research in finding a good one.

Getting to the level where people want your product, as I mentioned in the part of my post where you neglected to add, I made it rather clear that you could expect quite a bit of time with no profit.

If you want to go further in this thread, you'll notice the original post. That original post is what I answered. The poster asked if there was a demand for custom bikes. He didn't ask if it was feasible, if it was easy, if it was profitable. That extra information is good to know, but don't go tearing into my posts like you know all. I've noticed the habit that you like to do this to many folks and cause disruption. It's not appreciated.
It sounded to me like Unterhausen was agreeing with with you.

Last edited by ftwelder; 02-07-12 at 04:35 PM.