Old 02-09-12, 11:35 AM
LemondFanForeve
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giacomo 1
Well, CAS/WADA really are beginning to ruin the sport they oversee.

They simply cannot do multiyear investigations that drag on and on forever and then pull titles away from riders who are long retired and that they earned 7 years ago. The fans are growing tired of it. As HigherGround said above, "Can you imagine waiting until 2019 to get the final results of last weekend's Super Bowl?". The answer is of course not! The cry would be long and loud should that ever happen.

I'm certainly not pro drug, but the system as it is now is ridiculous. Somehow, they have to streamline the process. They have to put a statute of limitations on it, a time limit of some sort. I'm not sure what the people who work at WADA and CAS did before this, but they have managed to create a full time, lucrative living through these bodies, just like Congress! And just like Congress, they get nothing done in a timely fashion. They are ruining lives through there ineptitude.
Good points. It doesnt seem too far out now, to say that these guys couldve helped the currenr climate, by simply saying "Yes I did it, and heres why". Probably wouldve made alot of this mess easier? But, when all you do is: deny deny deny, what do you expect these agencies to do? Maybe a sol is a great idea. I mean lets not excuse any of these guys for their involvement in where it is today? They too should get some of the blame. Unfortunately, thats not happening. Doesnt matter why they did it, theyre still cheaters. They used something to gain an unfair advantage over their peers, regardless of whether "at the time evwryone was doing it too", thats an excuse & doesnt make it right. Its still cheaating. How can you or I or folks here, respect someone whos cheated to gain success? I cant.

Doping wasnt banned when guys like: Merckx/ Anquetil & the like were around. Now it is. People keep saying they want the sport to be clean, then complain when agencies try doing that. You cant have it both ways imo. Cant excuse some for doing it, then trash others for doing it, then get upset, when folks are trying to bust cheaters.

Last edited by LemondFanForeve; 02-09-12 at 11:50 AM.