Old 02-10-12, 10:44 AM
hmdns

Bikes: Bridgestone NJS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deleterious
Haha yep, just like that. Also, that seatpost looks just about as high as the Golden Eagle's Nothing wrong with showing a little seatpost!

On a side note, is "Detonator" not just about the worst name you can think of for a tire? I have a pair on my other bike so no hate, but geez... was Maxxis Blowout already taken?
that's because I'm using a 'thin' saddle (Fi'zi:k Aliante) right now
but when I used the thick one (Sella Italia Condor saddle) the seatpost height's will be lowered

LOL
IMO Detonator sounds great to me
so when you tell people what tire are you using & you tell them "it's Detonator" their mind will explode a lil' bit LOL

Originally Posted by Dcv
Like this thread, this is my 1st conversion and still my all time favorite bike (out of all my bikes, not just conversions). Converted a road bike with broken shifter that I never used to ride.

my second, used frameset off CL, still sharing ENO wheelset w the LeMond. 14.08 lbs

My latest, $60 frameset off CL, my only SS.
looooooooooove that Lemond!
and that Fuji was great too, except I just don't like the fork...looks a bit tricky, I'm more into old-skool-akisu type

Originally Posted by deleterious
The LeMond looks fantastic! No offense to the Scott but I think traditional horizontal-top-tube, steel bikes make better-looking conversions - "modern" looking bikes always look slightly off to me somehow when converted. I'm sure it's nice to ride, though!
the bold ones, +1