View Single Post
Old 02-11-12, 01:34 AM
shipwreck

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Thanks Cyclbum, I do have that book, but the reviews on Amazon are helpfull as well. Seems there are a couple left/right errors that I need to pencil in, and also need to take other maps to suplement the limited ones in the book. THey only show the actual route, and misses some towns just a tiny bit off the route.

There are some who say that there are roads on the route that are not really biker friendly, and they may be right, but since almost all of my touring has been on self planned directions, I have ridden some pretty unfriendly pavement...

Really looking forward to Hannibal MO. On my last trip that ran thru there(not the whole MRT, just part of it worked into a different trip), stopped at a Bordeaux pizza parlor and did the all you can eat. After three weeks on the road, that was a lot. Sort of came to surrounded by plates while the locals watched with some concern. Left in a haze and then pulled a nice little hill sloshing over with pizza to the Mark Twain cave campground where I terrified a lot of RV campers with my homeless look while repairing my old cannondale panniers. And was starving just five hours later. This is the stuff that makes touring fun...

Not a great journaler. For one thing, librarys seemed far and few, with spotty hours when they were available. I may write one as a locater for anyone who wanted to join me for a day or so, fleshing it out later. And I feel bad doing a journal on crazyguy, cause as a broke artist I don't have much to kick in to the webmaster there.