Old 02-14-12, 08:04 AM
charly17201

Bikes: RANS Formula LE, Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve_M
The trailer she bought is fairly new, and few people have posted about their experience with it. I'm hoping that her input will be of value to me and other members, and I don't know of another way to solicit it. There may be other members now who are able to chime in as well, which didn't seem to be the case last June.
Just saw your post. If you are planning on the C&O you do NOT want any 2-wheeled trailer. Much of the C&O is like an old farm lane. Two small tire tracks with a grass 'hump' between them. A 2-wheeled trailer is not a good choice. I had no problem with my b*o*b. Regardless of trailer, expect to need to clean mud out of the wheel on the C&O if it has rained recently. Most of the trail from Cumberland down to Williamsport, MD is hard-pack dirt - not the fine ride of the GAP.

However, if you do not plan on doing any riding with those conditions, a 2-wheeled trailer would be find. I have modified my b*o*b and put a kickstand on each side at the widest points. Great for loading and unloading when I'm at the grocery/liquor/other stores as it adds extra stability.

Worst place I rode with the b*o*b was a farm lane that started out downhill for the first mile. No problem there. It was after I reach the bottom where the lane got muddy - to go back would have meant a nearly 10 mile detour, so I pushed the bike and trailer the 1/2 to 3/4 mile the rest of the way out. Regardless of trailer (1 or 2 wheel) it would have been miserable. Had to stop several times to clean mud out of the wheel.