RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Bill,

You're almost comparing apples and oranges.
The Kinetic is a fluid trainer with no feedback or adjustments, but very quiet.

The CS1000 (which I owned until a few weeks ago) has 7 resistance adjustments coresponding to a 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 7%, and 10% grade that can be adjusted while riding.
The fan can be disconnected for a slightly less noisy ride.
The computer gives instant feedback about time, distance, calories burned, watts, grade (resistance) setting, etc.
It also has an audible alarm you can set to signal when you have ridden for a preset time or distance.

If you have the space, don't mind the weight when moving it (my wife couldn't lift it), and don't mind the noise, get the CS1000. The CS1000 doesn't fold into a very small unit.

I had mine for 4 seasons and liked it a lot. Just didn't have the room for it (I ride in the living room - no basement, garage, or spare room).

I bought a CycleOps Magneto last month to replace it. Smaller (and folds up when not being used) and much quieter.

I like the CycleOps. It does a good job of simulating actual road riding and it's resistance levels are a lot like the CS1000 without the adjustment lever.

FYI: Someone in Atlanta got a deal on my CS1000. I donated it to the Atlanta Bicycle Campaign yard sale that was held Oct 26. I think it was the first item to sell.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.

Last edited by RonH; 11-11-02 at 09:46 AM.