Old 02-15-12, 10:21 AM
Zrane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooby214
I didn't get it out in Monday's snow/slush stuff, as I've not ridden the bike enough to trust my handling of it when hitting an unexpected slick spot. I trust myself on the hybrid, as I know how it will handle. I'll get there with the new bike. I also chickened out today (Tuesday) after hearing all the accident reports due to black ice and freezing fog. Once I got away from the house, I quickly realized that I could've ridden the new bike today. I did ride it to work Sunday afternoon, and found that its gearing worked quite well with my loaded bag on the rack when riding in the minor 15 mph headwind. I do get to ride the new bike again on Wednesday.

As far as route is concerned.. I spend almost no time on arteries. I live near the fairgrounds, at NW 19th Street and Portland Avenue. I work near NW 150th Street and Western Avenue. My route uses NW 19th, Drexel, Independence, Grand, Greystone, Ridgeview, Greystone again, Highland Park Blvd (by Quail Springs Mall), five blocks of Penn. Ave., then I cut through an apartment parking lot and a housing neighborhood so I can avoid riding on 150th St. I come out of the housing neighborhood right in front of my work.

Do you ever do any rides with the Okla. Bicycle Society groups? I've been enjoying the floating crapgame rides on Saturdays.
I chickened out in the fog and ice and drove it. I had no visibility what so ever in Edmond on Broadway or Bryant, was pretty nasty. I also wussed out today, but that was just laziness.

Not a bad route, I was trying to figure out why I never bump into you on Greystone until I realized that you're on Ridgeview for the section of it I ride. Riding Penn would worry me, but I guess it wouldn't be bad in the mornings.

I don't ride with the OBS, though I've thought about it. I'm usually pursuing my nerdly hobbies on Saturdays. I may start doing it more as the weather warms up, I'm looking at picking up a road bike this spring. My current hybrid is a little chunky and covered in Fred gear for a fun ride.