Old 11-11-02, 12:31 PM
gpphoto

Bikes: Giant NRS Air

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by danr
This thread makes me feel better about my Niterider Evolution (10W) purchase.
Hi Dan,

Now you've got me wondering what's the difference between the basic 10 watt NIteRider Trail Rat 2.0 at around $100 and the 10 watt NiteRider Evolution non-digital that goes for around $150ish. Both seem to have the same wattage and about the same burn times so what's up with the extra $50???

I just spoke with tech support at Performance Bikes where I bought my two NiteRider Digital Evolution lights. (the ones that aren't anywhere near as bright as a Trail Rat but cost twice as much) They said something IS wrong - "the 15 watt Digital Evolution should be much brighter than the Trail Rat," according to them. They suggested I try plugging my Trail Rat head into one of the Digital Evolution batteries to see if it's a battery problem. I tried this and the Trail Rat head is still much brighter than the Digital Evolution head even when using the Digital Evolution battery. This might indicate that the low light level problem with the Digital Evolution is in the head itself.

SO........ Do I take back my $229 Digital Evolution and simply buy 2 Trail Rats - one for helmet/one for handlebars - and actually save money OR do I pony up for the high end NiteRider systems around $400. (not an option my wife would appreciate in this economy...) Anyone got any raves about the more expensive NiteRider systems????

Oh yea... Does anyone have anything BAD to say about the Trail Rat 2.0? If so, your two bits would be much appreciated. The one we've owned for about 8 months has worked great and remained super bright thus far.

Ride today!!!

Gary