View Single Post
Old 02-17-12, 09:12 AM
Roll-Monroe-Co

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket-Sauce
OP, it depends on how you will be using your cap. Will you be wearing it by itself or under a helmet?

By your description, I guess I have a "pumpkinhead" (61-62 cm) and find the Walz Caps ok. But they don't necessarily play nice under my helmet. For that I have some cheapo balaclavas.
The pumpkinhead comment was a boorish thing for me to say. I thought I was being cute and got carried away. I should not go around disparaging other people's heads. I apologize. They obviously make the larger size for a reason. I just like things that fit without elastic. The tradeoff for being able to make only two sizes is that some people are going to get a lot more hat than they really need.

I just assumed since the fit was pretty snug and smooth that this type of cap would work well under a helmet. Walz does show a pic of someone doing that on their site, I think, but now I've looked at several of these and can't remember for sure.

Thanks to everyone who posted different makers and alternative suggestions. I'll check it all out. Sorry again for being a jerk.