Old 02-17-12, 01:28 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by contango
Just out of curiosity, a while back I was on a section of road that I measured as being somewhere between 18-23% incline (it was a tiny little back road so didn't have a handy sign to tell me). I made it to the top although my speed dropped to somewhere between 4-5mph through the steepest parts.

I weigh about 240, riding a bike that I guess is about 25 (specialized tricross sport). Just out of curiosity, what sort of power output would that equate to? I know we're talking a climb that was pretty short, I'm just curious.
513 watts @ 20% & 4.5 mph
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.