Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Sat ride report 71 miles (2/18)

71 miles with HerbM, MarkAJ, TomBunn, and their buddy Glen. Wow, nice day and ride. Encanto Park (Duarte) to Seal beach on the SGRT. Tom's plan was to do a portion of the ride after a vacation from the bike. So after he dropped off, the 4 of us headed to Seal Beach. MarkAJ and his buddy Glen are strong riders so I figured they'd leave HerbM and I behind but I was wrong. We all stuck together cause Herb is now a monster on the bike.

On the way to SB I figured Herb would get tire but he never did. As a matter of fact, after every underpass, the pace seemed to kick up into high gear. Didn't take long before I started feeling my legs burn and Herb was still hammering the pedals. the dude is not fading!

OK, Mark is strong and I expected that. Not to mention Herb told me of his cycling diet, losing weight while eating blueberries and alfalfa sprouts(exaggeration). But Herb, when did this dude turn into cycling monster on the bike? Ah OK, found out after the ride he has been doing plenty of miles. Believe me it shows. 69 miles into the ride, 2 miles before the end of the ride, I felt the major fade so I slowed to do my own thing and let the others go. That's when I saw Herb waiting for me on the side of the road. Wow, Herb is a monster now ha ha! I tried to come up with an excuse but couldn't find one. Only thing I could think of was that my bar tape is getting old and slipped a little bit at the bar end but nobody was buying it ha ha! Heb's just a monster!

Pictures in my blog

SGRTride by mrbeanz1, on Flickr

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 02-18-12 at 09:49 PM.