Old 02-26-12, 09:00 PM
acs55812

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JanMM
The words you are looking for are: Bike (two wheels), trike (three wheels), tadpole trike (2 front wheels), and delta trike (2 rear wheels).

I was lucky to find a used recumbent bike on the For Sale section of the local bike club's website seven years ago. Cheap. Rode that for two plus years while I got hooked on 'bents. Have since moved on to better-fitting and better performing 'bent bikes.

Unless you stumble across something that works for you, a road trip to Stevens Point might be well worth your while.

Recumbents (bikes and trikes) are generally very comfortable, compared to upright bikes. There are areodynamic advantages, too, but that is variable by model and is only a factor at speed.
Sorry for not showing up in this thread for so long, I got sidetracked by some leg surgery that prompted my question about this in the first place.

What I am thinking of is Bike (two wheels), trike (three wheels),,,,,,,,just gotta decide which, I will check out the place in MPLS since I will be spending 6 weeks down there and also a road trip to Stevens Point for a weekend getaway this spring sounds like a good idea.

My purpose is good trail or road biking, no rough gravel roads or dirt trail in mind for this, some longer distance in the future, but that kinda depends on the outcome of radiation on my leg and how well I can ride in the future.

I currently ride a Trek 7200

Thank you for the responses and I will try to check in here more often.

Dan

P.S. Rebel--did you find those meds you lost yet?

I will also check out the recumbent forum---didn't notice that before

Last edited by acs55812; 02-26-12 at 09:25 PM. Reason: more info