Old 02-27-12, 07:12 PM
rec3036

Bikes: Trek 4300 Disc 21 inch frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ncbikers
First, welcome to the world of tandems. There are many differences between solos and tandems right down to their rallies which are geared to couples as a lot of teams are couples.

Thanks!

The first choice you have to make is the same kind of choice you have to make with any bike. Like solos, tandems come in road, street, mountain, beach, hybrid, comfort …. This boils down to where you want to ride, how up right you want to ride and how hard do you want to work? Each has its own style of bike.

Street riding for the most part, I already ride the local BIKE MS events, maybe some canal paths or rail trails. as I think she would enjoy them. These are going to be gentle rides and we want to get where we are going as easy as possible.

Next, anyone even thinking about a tandem should go to a website called thetandemlink.com where you will find a lot of good information.

going there now...

Next (and you have lucked out here) go to the site tandemseast.com which is a site for a tandem dealer in NJ. While there note the Tandem Expo which is the last weekend in March. There will be something like 80 tandems there and you can try what you want. Also I believe they still rent tandems, you need to ask. The bad news is they will not have all the different types of tandems there but it will get you started.

was cruising the site earlier, already put the dates in my calendar!
Good luck and enjoy.
Thank you! You have been very helpful!