Old 02-27-12, 09:52 PM
teetopkram

Bikes: Schwinn Paramount, Trek MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Creatre
I was in that race Sunday too. I am in the all red that comes out of the crash going about as slow as you can go. When we were on the last lap I bailed, and filtered to the back end of the pack because I could tell bad things were going to happen. We were going too slow, with too many novice's, and were too bunched up. I was pedaling in easy about 3/4 back in the pack when that happened, so was able to dodge the riders when chaos hit even though I was in the middle of the road. Crazy stuff, glad I decided to not sprint that one out. Think I'll stick to the road races.
Not doing this, I believe, is why I've gotten into two bad crashes in the past couple of years, neither of which were my fault per se. I'll freely admit that even when I suspect or have a gut feel that something could go wrong, the adrenalin and testosterone cloud my judgment and I just stay in the race. When I return to racing from my most recent accident, changing this approach is my #1 goal. Good for you to practice it.