View Single Post
Old 03-02-12, 03:29 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4233 Post(s)
Liked 2,948 Times in 1,807 Posts
My under the saddle bag has a spare tube, a patch kit (don't know how to use it, but it has directions and might need it sometime), tire levers, multitool, small bar bell wrench, nitrile gloves, bungee netting (in case I stop by the store and want to take something home) and sometimes a small adjustable wrench or phone or wallet. I've got a topeak morph pump attached to my frame, usually one or two water bottles (unless I'm using my backpack that has the hydration bladder), and my locks are usually strapped to my rack (because if I have a breakdown I'll have to leave it somewhere as we don't have a car). Lately, my jersey pockets have my keys, wallet, and phone as I like keeping them on me, but sometimes they go in the seatbag instead. Some rides I'll throw a granola bar or some nut and fruit mix in a handlebar bag and put that on the front, but not always. Also, if I've got my handlebar bag on, I'll use a chip clip to clip my cue cards or direction sheet to the handle loop on the top of the bag so I've always got the directions visible (assuming I'm using them). The bar bag usually also has in it some extra cold weather gear (balaclava, armwarmers, legwarmers, light jacket) if I'm not wearing them or room for such things if I am wearing them and anticipate the need to take them off. Yeah, I over do the preparedness thing.