Old 03-03-12, 09:19 AM
daredevil
cyclepath

Bikes: 2005 Trek Pilot 5.0, 2001 Specialized Sirrus Pro, Kona Lava Dome, Raleigh hardtail converted to commuter, 87 Takara steel road bike, 2008 Trek Soho

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shock jock making cagers angry in Minneapolis

You folks in the Twin Cities know this guy...Dan Barreiro, PM drive time DJ at KFAN in Minneapolis.

I'm not sure what precipitated his rants against bicyclists but now he just can't pass up the opportunity to rip us and apparently he has an audience that agrees. He's irritated that the city has a biking coordinator and that the Twin Cities are known for outstanding accommodations to cyclists. Any time talk of further improvements come up, he complains. Too much money spent on too few is a large part of his argument I believe. That and other typical selfish opinions toward sharing the road.

Fortunately, I no longer live and ride there but I'm guessing he hasn't helped the riding environment. Should we react to him or just let it be? Do you try to organize boycotts against advertisers or are we then over reacting?