RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by Shutter
Thanks =)

I was thinking of getting an aluminum tube slightly larger than the the top tube (just the right size so the top tube could slide into it) then cutting ovals out of it slightly larger than the oval hole in the frame (this way the oval would have the correct rounding to it to fit the tube)

then I could drill an angle hole in them JUST the size of cable housing, polish them both up, and glue them onto the top tube over those holes
Find a the same diameter of PVC pipe. Cut 2 pcs about 2mm larger in the same oval shape.
Find a long ferrule, cut off the end so both ends are open, that's your guide.
Hold the 2 PVC ovals together and drill a hole through both at the angle you want, the size of the ferrule.
Continue to hold the two PVC ovals together, and slide in the ferrule piece. Adjust for depth.
Now, remove the "top" piece of PVC oval, and paint the top and edges flat black.
Keep the ferrule inserted at an angle into the "bottom" piece of PVC oval.
Slide it out just enough to super-glue around the ferrule, and slide it back in. Let it dry.
Now, turn the assembly sideways and insert it into the hole.
Turn it sideways again, so the "bottom" piece of PVC fills the hole and is aligned with it,
with the ferrule sticking out at the angle you want (I assume rearward).
Slide the top piece back down over the ferrule, and super-glue it down, over the hole and aligned with it.
(Put your glue between the two PVC pieces).

You now should have an oval piece that looks decent, holds the cable the way you want, and won't go anywhere.

Now, if you wanted a cable "stop" and not a guide, you'd have to alter what you do with the PVC.
Routing the cable through there is another problem, but you didn't ask about that.